POSITION OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
The Field Engineer must have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field (or equivalent experience) from an accredited institution plus eight (8) to twelve (12) years relevant specialized experience performing system design, integration, laboratory and shipboard testing, and limited GUI development for mechanical systems development. Candidate will provide system analysis of components or subsystems of Naval military systems. Candidate will perform engineering work and apply judgment to resolve conflicting requirements.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Vehicle barrier assessments to determine systems engineering decisions, including COTS vs. OEM parts, form/fit/function replacements, system design, fabrication design and systems engineering.
- Review current asset tagging strategy to determine the best approach to stocking COTS vs. OEM parts.
- Evaluates asset inventory, conducts cost-benefit analysis and conducts 80/20 analysis to determine program spend and cost-savings measures.
- Ability to draft test requirements, test plans, and test reports.
- Ability to perform system simulation.
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of automation and control systems.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in mechanical, electrical, and controls engineering.
- Ability to solve complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to edit and manipulate CAD drawings.
- Requires about 25% travel.
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.