EMI is hiring a Grounds Maintenance Laborer performs a variety of duties within various shops. The primary responsibilities of the Grounds Maintenance Laborer is to assist one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill, such as keeping a worker supplied with materials and tools; cleaning working area, machine, and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials or tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman. The kind of work the helper is permitted to perform varies from trade to trade. In some trades the helper is confined to supplying, lifting, and holding materials and tools, and cleaning working areas; and in others the worker is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hand and power tools.
- Paint or repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Repair wooden structures, such as sheds or outbuildings.
- Provide grounds-keeping services, such as landscaping and debris removal.
- Perform general cleaning of buildings or properties.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.