Access Your Future is a sponsorship program for students interested in a career in the equipment industry as a Service Technician. This program provides a career path for a qualified student and an educational incentive upon successful completion of an approved diesel program.
The Access Your Future Service Intern path offers students part time employment at a sponsoring store during their education. Upon graduation from an accredited diesel technology program, sponsored students are offered full time employment. While in school, students are expected to maintain a GPA of 3.0 and complete any required internships.
Specific Duties Include:
* Enrolled or attending an approved Diesel Technology program or another program approved in writing by RDO Equipment Co.
* Part time paid employment at sponsoring store (if store location permits) while attending college.
* Possible full time paid employment between college academic years at sponsoring store location.
* This program offers sponsored students graduating, an educational incentive over a two or four year period while they maintain full time employment with RDO Equipment Co.
* Company provided work uniforms.
* Eligible for the RDO Equipment Co. tool discount program with Matco upon full time employment.
* Maintain a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) while in program.
* Maintain acceptable attendance record while in program.
* It is the student's responsibility to provide a copy of their transcripts to RDO Equipment Co. after each quarter or semester and a diploma in order to receive reimbursement upon full time employment.
* Adhere to academic policies, rules and regulations set forth by the higher learning center the student is attending.
* Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
* Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
* Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership's area of responsibility.
* Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
* Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
* Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
* Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
* Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
* Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
* Mechanical skills
* Trade specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
* Strong computer skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
* Excellent communication and written skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.