We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer for our Bioprocess business based in Southern California. In this position, you will provide timely service and support for all Bioprocess products and accessories. You will act as the primary liaison between all North America customers and colleagues regarding service, parts and support for these products. In addition, you will perform installation, start-up, repairs, calibrations, operator training and maintenance on all Bioprocess products.
What you will accomplish together with us
- Service company equipment for customers, including installations, preventative maintenance, repairs and training. Generate service revenue for the company by proactively selling service contracts to customers. Interact with customers directly to schedule appointments, provide quotations, order parts, and complete repair services as appropriate. Provide excellent customer service at every step.
- Evaluate the customer's service need, including a technical evaluation of the equipment that needs servicing; researching and interpreting the specifications to effectively troubleshoot and determine an appropriate solution; coordinating with the customer and other internal personnel to complete the service
- Maintain complete, timely documentation, including field service reports, customer surveys, installation reports, daily progress reports, and others as defined by management.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with management, coworkers, and customers, including responding by email, phone and in person as needed. Manage communications effectively and timely. Maintain an updated schedule, and pro-actively communicate to management when schedule is free of appointments.
- Properly manage company parts, equipment and tools. Keep an accurate inventory, and care properly for equipment and tools.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What will convince us
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent combination of industry experience and technical/military training
- 5+ years Service experienceworking on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 accreditation requirements as well as GMP/GDP.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Technology: Design Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Up to 90% travel is required to support Field Service activities.
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Actively look for ways to help customers, and be sensitive when dealing with customer reactions and needs.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Valid Driver License
- Identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
What we offer
Sartorius' ambition is to simplify progress in the bio-pharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. Nearly 10,000 employees at more than 60 sites are working together on achieving our goal: Better health for more people. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Enjoy the advantages of working with a global player:
- Opportunity for international career development:
a global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
- Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
- Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
- Intelligent working environment: working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
- Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here.
E-Verify Participation Info
E-Verify Workers Rights
We look forward to receiving your application.
Sartorius is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling +1 631 254 4249 ext 8330 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insightsinto our world of work can be found
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.